Rick started flyfishing at the age of six, at an uncle’s cabin in Minnesota for bluegill. Flyfishing quickly became a lifetime pursuit in Colorado, with Rick spending a lot of time fishing Colorado’s South Platte while he attended Denver University. He then started guiding with mentor Steve Herter at Elk Trout lodge in Colorado, and later in Wyoming, Utah, and Montana. Rick guided Jackson Hole’s One Fly for ten years, and also spent many summers guiding on Montana’s Bighorn and Yellowstone Rivers. Later, Rick went on to host ESPN’s FLY FISHING AMERICA, traveling and fishing extensively around the U.S. Rick has fished for trout, steelhead and salmon all over the world. If Rick has one passion in fishing, it’s steelhead fishing with two handed spey rods. Rick is a great fly tier, and his classic spey flies are works of art.
We would also like to thank the Federation of Fly Fishers for allowing us to film in their beautiful library. If you aren’t a member of FFF, please take a look at their site and see what they are all about.
- Hook: TMC 200r #20, #22
- Thread: Yellow 8/0
- Underbody: Glow in the Dark Flashabou
- Body: Tan Ultra tubing
More Rick Wollum Fly tying videos
- Dave Whitlock’s Red Fox Squirrel Nymph – Rick Wollum
- Rick’s Rhycophilia – Rick Wollum
- Krystalflash Chironomid – Rick Wollum
- Wollum Worm – Rick Wollum
- Baetis Soft Hackle – Rick Wollum
- Green Drake Soft Hackle – Rick Wollum
- X-Caddis / Iris Caddis – Rick Wollum Fly Pattern
- The Dead Chicken / Grey Hackle Yellow – Rick Wollum
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.