Livingston tier and guide Doug McKnight hails originally from Pensylvania, but now lives in Livingston, MT. He is currently a fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants and also creates beautiful display flies in custom shadow boxes.
If you would like to learn more about Doug’s custom work you can reach him at email@example.com
We would also like to thank the Federation of Fly Fishers for allowing us to film in their beautiful library. If you aren’t a member of FFF, please take a look at their site and see what they are all about.
- Hook: Std. Saltwater #1/0-8
- Thread: UTC 140 color to suit
- Tail: Tan craft fur or Polar fiber, orange pearl crystal flash
- Antennae: Long strands of Black Pearl crystal flash, white spanflex colored with pink, tan sharpie markers
- Eyes: Shrimp/crab eyes
- Claws: Pair of rooster neck hackles
- Hackle: large rooster neck hackle for collar
- Body: Antron crystal chenille, tan