This week’s tier is Shannon McCormick, International Travel Manager for Westbank Anglers in Jackson Hole, WY ( 307.733.6483). Shannon began guiding on the Henry’s Fork, Madison & Snake Rivers, as well as the Yellowstone National Park waters in 1994. At the same time, he began fishing for steelhead on the Clearwater and Salmon Rivers in Idaho and the Skeena System in British Columbia. He also fit in quite a few side trips to rivers like the Thompson in BC and the waters of the Olympic Peninsula. In subsequent years, he’s organized and completed four exploratory surveys of Alaska and BC steelhead streams, utilizing motherships, jetboats and helicopters. He’s guided for Atlantic Salmon on Russia’s Ponoi River for one year and made two trips to Argentina’s Tierra del Fuego, fishing for sea-run brown trout.
- Begin with a 1 1/2 ” aluminum tube
- From the rear of the fly forward:
- Target (butt): pink dubbing ball
- Flash: Crystal flash or Flashabou
- Hackle (1): stripped Rhea feather
- Hackle (2): stripped Amherst Pheasant tail
- Hackle (3): stripped Guinea feather or mallard flank
- Head: black 6/0 thread
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.