I have been tying flies since my wife taught me to tie 38 years ago. I have always been fascinated with woven patterns, in particular those originated by George Grant and Franz Pott.
- Hook: Size 8 Daiichi 1710
- Thread: Brown 6/0 Uni-thread
- Body: Tan or brown horse mane woven with 3 strands of orange embroidery floss. (Emboidery floss has six strands. Separate out three of them for weaving.) When woven in, the floss forms a stripe on the underside of the fly.
- Hackle: Elk Mane woven onto a thread
- Head: Brown 6/0 Uni-thread
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.