Until relatively recently Rocky was a inveterate cowboy. A few years ago an injury sidelined him and he eventually found his way to fly tying to pass the time. He’s since become an incredible fly tyer and is an officer of the
Central Oregon Fly Tyers Guild.
- Tag: Silver twist
- Tail: Ted breast feather from the golden pheasant
- Body: Yellow, light blue, and scarlet seal’s fur
- Ribs: Silver lace and silver tinsel
- Hackle: Gray eagle, from blue fur ( substitute marabou)
- Throat: Widgeon ( teal for large patterns)
- Wings: Two strips of brown mottled turkey, with black bars and white points
For more patterns from Rocky browse by Tyer or click here.
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.