Livingston tier and guide Doug McKnight hails originally from Pennsylvania, but now lives in Livingston, MT. Doug began tying flies at age 9 under his father’s instruction along with a few instructional books. In 2003, Umpqua Feather Merchants signed him up as a signature fly tyer, and you can buy his unique fly patterns in fly shops around the world. In 2010, Fly Fisherman Magazine published a streamer- tying article written by Doug that was very well received. He continues to write for regional and national publications. Doug McKnight, in recent years, has been working on his fine art of oil paintings, pastels and pen and pencil drawings. Doug’s art is carefully rendered and his meticulous nature lends itself towards recreating beautiful and accurate images with emphasis on the angler’s world.
Doug works at Yellow Dog Fly Fishing in addition to his personal creative work.
If you would like to learn more about Doug’s custom work you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting him at Doug McKnight’s Big Water Studio
- Hook: Mustad #34011 stainless long shank #1/0-6
- Thread: UTC 140 color to suit
- Weight: .010-.025 lead wire
- Eyes: black Lacquer applied with a toothpick
- Tail: Rabbit fur, flash, sili legs
- Body: Brassie size ultra wire, epoxy, glitter, model paint; Epoxy turner is handy for this one
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.