I have been fly fishing and tying flies for the past 15 years. From 2001 to 2005, I worked for the late Andre Puyans helping at his fly fishing seminars in Idaho. More recently, I’m a fly fishing instructor for Wilderness Unlimited and The Becoming an Outdoor Woman programs.
You can find me hanging around the tier’s row at the west coast fly fishing shows and expos in the early spring. Bass fishing with a fly in the California Delta on hot summer nights for a double digit fish is the current goal.
- Hook- #10 2 x long dry
- Thread- black for the back section and orange for the front
- Egg- black foam
- Tails- brown goose biots
- Body- dark olive/green micro chenille
- Under wing- anti static mylar
- Over wing- root beer micro crystal flash
- Main wing and head- medium dun CDC
- Legs-black rubber
- Hackle- grizzly dyed yellow rooster