My dad, Harold Tollett, got me started fly fishing in 1962. I started working for Walton Powell, of Powell Rod fame, in 1968 tying flies, and also helped build fiberglass rods and rod components. In 1977, I moved to Dillon Montana, and began working for Al Troth guiding on the Beaverhead and Big Hole Rivers. In 1980 my wife, Teresa, and I opened Frontier Anglers.
Over theyears I have been fortunate to travel and fish some of the world’s finest fly fishing waters. From Alaska, Belize, New Zealand, Chile, Bahamas, Argentina, and Canada, to most all of the western states. I have had the true pleasure of guiding some of our world leaders such as President Carter, as well as other famous people.
This particular fly is a multi-purpose salt pattern that has proven itself again and again.
- Hook: TMC 800s in 2, 4, 6, 8
- Thread: Flat A Pink
- Eyes: Size 3/16″ gold Real Eyes w/ brigh orange stick on eyes
- Tail: Light Tan marabou w/ 3 clear/hot Wiggle legs
- Body: guts of dyed Super Pearlescent Mylar Tubing, size XL (light blue, yellow, light Pink, lime, and pearl)
- Under Body: 3 sets clear /lt brown Wiggle Legs
- Weed Guard: .22″ Mason hard mono