After departing from the retail venue of fly fishing, Dave met and married fellow fly fisherwoman, Rhonda Price, due to popular demand they began their guiding operation, “Dreams on the Fly“. Combining their love of the sport, as well as the passion for sharing the sport with others, they guide people from all over the world on the Grande Ronde, Owyhee and numerous other rivers considered Blue Ribbon waters of the west. Featured in Forbes magazine as one the the premier guides in the Northwest, they primarily guide for steelhead, brown and rainbow trout, and small mouth bass. Dreams on the Fly specializes in daily, 3 and 5 day float trips with an emphasis on offering the customer an experience of a lifetime. “You just need to have your waders and boots and we’ll take care of the rest”.
Dave and Rhonda can be reached at:
Dave and Rhonda
PO Box 638
Parma, ID 83660
- Hook: Daiichi #2051
- Thread: Black 8/0 Uni Thread
- Tail: Golden Pheasant Crest
- Body: Rear half, Orange Wool, front half, Purple Wool
- Ribbing: Fine Oval Silver Tinsel for rear half, larger Oval Silver Tinsel for front half
- Hackle: Small Orange Saddle Hackle over rear half, Blue Eared Pheasant Hackle over front half
- Throat Hackle:Widgeon Flank Feather
- Wing: White Swan or Goose Shoulder
This is also an offshoot of a tradition Atlantic Salmon dee-fly, tied in this purple variation, it is very effective for winter fish sized 3/0 & 1.5. Tthe Purple Akroyd is extremely effective for Bull Trout
See more Steelhead patterns!
See four other patterns by Dave Tucker:
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.