Boots Allen is a third generation guide and outfitter from Western Wyoming. Over the last 18 years, he has had the opportunity to fish and guide at destinations around the world, including Argentina, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Costa Rica, British Columbia, and the streams of the Rocky Mountain West. He has pened numerous articles for fly fishing magazines such as Fly Tyer, The Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, The Drake, and Sports Afield. Boots has used his creations at the fly tying vise for a variety of game fish including taimen, pike, lenok, sea-run brown trout, steelhead, pacific salmon, snook, roosterfish, redfish, and almost every imaginable species of trout.
You can contact Boots at the Snake River Angler
- Hook: Mustad 34011, Size 1/0; or Dai Riki #710, Size 4
- Thread: Red 3/0 Flat Wax Nylon
- Tail: Amber or Copper Krystal Flashabou
- Body: Krystal Flash Chenille
- Wing: Two Married Strips of Peacock Sword
- Beard: Angel Hair