Harley W. Reno holds a B.S. and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Zoology (Specialty- sensory anatomy in fishes). He retired after 34 years of professorial duty as a biologist, environmental engineer, and systems engineer, and 25 years of Engineering and environmental duty in the oil, gas, and coal mining industries and nuclear waste management programs of the U.S. Department of Energy. He also spent 50 years guiding all over the United States, in Mexico, and Canada. He still floats and guides, although without remuneration, on rivers throughout the intermontane west.
MWB is an acronym for la Mouche Wooly Bugger.
- Hook: Mustad 9672 or 9674 in sizes 2,4,6, 8, or 10
- Thread: Danville’s size 3/0 waxed monocord in black, brown, or tan
- Head: Brass or copper cone in appropriate size
- Weight: three inch strand of .20 lead wire (optional)
- Tail: Black or Brown Marabou
- Hackle: Rope made of Two strands ultraviolet or pearl Krystal Flash, 1 Grizzly saddle hackle, 1 brown saddle hackle
- Collar: One Red Neck hackle from a hen