The micro zonker uses a stout hook to either swim or roll. The Micro Zonker will really bring in the fish while also being a quick tie.
Willy discovered his passion for fly fishing at the early age of six. Shortly after, he began tying his own flies for trout, salmon steelhead, and shad. Willy found his love of lake fishing early and continued to fish stillwaters, eventually becoming known far and wide for his expertise and knowledge. He fished all over northern California, Idaho, and Montana. From famous blue ribbon trout rivers to high mountain lakes and reservoirs, from farm ponds to the big lakes, Willy guided for over twenty years in Montana and Yellowstone National Park. Willy continued to develop his fly tying skills and is was a signature tyer for Brookside Flies out of Denver, Co. He ran a great outfitting business Willy’s Trout World and on his Facebook Page. He used any number of Echo fly rods to ply his craft, including our spey and switch rods and worked on the design of Airflo fly lines for special presentation on lakes. Spey casting may be a new approach for lake fishermen in the US, but in Europe it is a common practice allowing for long distant casts from the shoreline.
- Hook : 3xl size 8 #285 Dai-Riki ———————- Buy on Amazon
- Thread : 3/0 Mono cord ——————————— Buy on Amazon
- Tail : Pearl Krystal Flash ——————————– Buy on Amazon
- Body : SLF Prizm dubbing olive brown —————- Buy on Amazon
- Under Body : .20 lead ———————————– Buy on Amazon
- Wing : Squirrel Zonker strip —————————- Buy on Amazon
- Collar : Wrapped pine squirrel ————————- Buy on Amazon
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.