I grew up in Michigan and have fished as long as I can remember. After graduating college, I moved to California and gravitated toward fly fishing almost exclusively. I have been tying “seriously” since 1983 and have been a tying instructor both independently and for several Colorado fly shops since 2000. In 2005 I also began guiding along Colorado’s front range. Currently I am a member of Whiting Farms Pro Staff and am employed by PEAK Fishing and I have several fly patterns commercially available. In addition to guiding, tying instruction and demos, my wife Diana and I own and operate our own company geared primarily toward flyfishing education services. More detailed information is available at www.alrittflies.com.
- Hook: Tiemco 100 or 101
- Thread: UTC 70 Denier
- Body: Yellow Super Fine Dubbing
- Thorax: Yellow Super Fine Dubbing
- Wing: White (winter phase) hair from the bottom of a snowshoe hare’s hind foot
- Egg Sack: Red Foam
- Trailing Bubbles: 2 strands of Mirage Opal Flash
- Rib: Yellow Dyed Grizzly Hackle, palmered through body and trimmed short
- Under Wing: Mirage Opal Flash
- Spot: Red Foam
- Hackle: Light Barred Ginger dry fly hackle
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.