Boots Allen is a third generation guide and outfitter from Western Wyoming. Over the last 18 years, he has had the opportunity to fish and guide at destinations around the world, including Argentina, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Costa Rica, British Columbia, and the streams of the Rocky Mountain West. He has pened numerous articles for fly fishing magazines such as Fly Tyer, The Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, The Drake, and Sports Afield. Boots has used his creations at the fly tying vise for a variety of game fish including taimen, pike, lenok, sea-run brown trout, steelhead, pacific salmon, snook, roosterfish, redfish, and almost every imaginable species of trout.
- Hook: Mustad 34011, Size 1/0.
- Thread: Black 3/0 Flat Wax Nylon
- Eyes: Black Dumbbell eyes, size to match hook
- Overbody: Black Magnum Zonker Strip.
- Body: 1 mm two or single color foam. Dubbing can be used as an alternative. A variety of color can be used.
- Lateral Line: Purple Flashabou Accent
Also see other flies by Boots.
And other Sea-Run Brown patterns.
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.