- Hook: Mustad dryfly hook, sizes 10-12
- Thread: Black 8/0 Uni thread
- Body: Moose body hair tied on a needle
- Wing/Post: The butts from the end of the extended body tied on the hook, then lifted upright like a wing or parachute post.
- Hackle/Legs: 8-10 moose body hairs divided equally on each side of the post with the tips pointing back to the end of the body. The butts will form the legs. Tie them down behind and infront of the wing post then just fan them out with your fingers.
Watch more Kieran Frye patterns or select from the list below:
KC’s Stonefly – Kieran Frye
KC’s Peacock – Kieran Frye
KC’s Henryville Special – Kieran Frye
KC’s Brown Stonefly – Kieran Frye
KC’s Emerger – Kieran Frye
KC’s Woodchuck Nymph – Kieran Frye
KC’s Powder Puff CDC Emerger – Kieran Frye
KC’s Shaggy Caddis – Kieran Frye
KC’s Foam Back Emerger – Kieran Frye
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.