There are few people in the country with as much in-depth knowledge of fly fishing, fly casting, and fly tying as Bob Jacklin. He is a charter member of the Federation of Fly Fishers, on the pro staff for St. Croix Rods, Ross Reels, Cortland Lines, and Whiting Farms. He is also a contract fly tyer for Umpqua Feather Merchants. On October 23, 2004, at the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, Bob Jacklin was inducted into the very prestigious “Fly Fishing Hall of Fame”
Bob is a frequent participant at fly tying shows as well as putting on talks and demonstrations for smaller groups.
Now sit back and enjoy both the fly tying and story telling skills of Bob Jacklin. See the recipe below the video.
- Hook: 2x long Nymph
- Thread: 3/0 Rusty Brown
- Tail: 3 tails, Pheasant Tail
- Body: Australian Opossum Dubbing
- Ribbing: Med. Brown Vinyl Rib
- Thorax: Australian Opossum Dubbing
- Wing Case: Brown Turkey Tail over which is placed Brown Body Stretch
- Legs: Partridge Breast Feather
- Head: Australian Opossum Dubbing over which is Brown Body Stretch
Bob has also tied Many Other Patterns for us. Take a look!
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.