Livingston tier and guide Doug McKnight hails originally from Pennsylvania, but now lives in Livingston, MT. He is currently a fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants, an agent at Yellow Dog Fly Fishing, and also creates beautiful display flies in custom shadow boxes.
This is one of Doug’s best fly tying patterns.
If you would like to learn more about Doug McKnights custom fly fishing artwork you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org . Doug will also takes orders if you’d like him to tie you a dozen or two. He can pretty much match whatever you need matched and he has some great stories of Monsters he’s caught with this one.
We would also like to thank the Federation of Fly Fishers for allowing us to film in their beautiful library. If you aren’t a member of FFF, please take a look at their site and see what they are all about.
- Hook: Tiemco 700 #1/0-8
- Thread: White Flat waxed Nylon, White UTC140 for smaller sizes
- Eyes/weight: Lead wire, painted dumbell eyes
- Body: White Marabou, White Fox Tail
- Flash: Silver Flashabou, UV Herring Back Krystal Flash, Black Flashabou
- Sides: Badger Rooster Neck Hackles
- Cement: Zap a Gap.
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.