In this video Kelly ties up a simple Hare’s Ear Jig that works extremely well for a general mayfly imitation as well as an attractor.
Hare’s Ear Jig Recipe:
- Thread: Orange SemperFli Nano Silk 12/0
- Hook: Fulling Mill 35045 Jig Force Hook
- Tail: Hungarian Partridge
- Body: Rabbit Dubbing or Hare’s Mask
- Rib and Accent: Pearl Krystal Flash
- Collar: Peacock Herl
- Legs: Hungarian Partridge
- Hot Spot: Orange SemperFli Nano Silk 12/0 (or whatever you prefer)
- Bead: Gold Slotted Tungsten Bead.