Doug puts the weight on in this heave multi purpose fly.
Livingston tier and guide Doug McKnight hails originally from Pennsylvania, but now lives in Livingston, MT. He is currently a fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants and also creates beautiful display flies in custom shadow boxes.
If you would like to learn more about Doug’s custom work you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling him at George Anderson’s Yellowstone Angler at (406) 222-7130.
- Hook: Bass bug hook, or standard saltwater hook.
- Thread: Flat waxed nylon white
- Tail: 3 or four pairs of wide webby Rooster neck hackle, white, brown, yellow dyed grizzly, crystal flash
- Head/Body: Deer belly Hair white; Deer body hair, brown, Black
- Legs: 3 or 4 medium round rubber legs yellow
- Eyes: Medium doll eyes
- Weedguard: 20# hard mono
Additional notes: coat front of popper with a flexible adhesive like clear Silicone, it makes the popper make more noise and “pop” better.