Boots Allen is a third generation guide and outfitter from Western Wyoming. Over the last 18 years, he has had the opportunity to fish and guide at destinations around the world, including Argentina, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Costa Rica, British Columbia, and the streams of the Rocky Mountain West. He has penned numerous articles for fly fishing magazines such as Fly Tyer, The Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, The Drake, and Sports Afield. Boots has used his creations at the fly tying vise for a variety of game fish including taimen, pike, lenok, sea-run brown trout, steelhead, pacific salmon, snook, roosterfish, redfish, and almost every imaginable species of trout.
- Hook: TMC 3769, size 18</li>
- Wing/Gills: White cdc puff
- Head/Bead: Clear glass or tin, copper, or tungsten bead
- Body: Olive, tan or gray monochord
- Ribbing: Black 8/0 thread
- Collar: Peacock Herl