You can find me hanging around the tier’s row at the west coast fly fishing shows and expos in the early spring. Bass fishing with a fly in the California Delta on hot summer nights for a double digit fish is the current goal.
This fly is great for the skinny damsel nymphs found in lakes in the Sierra Nevadas.
- Hook: Daiichi 1270 size 8
- Thread: 8/0 Olive
- Eyesl: Mono
- Tail: Jay Fair brown/olive marabou
- Body: Jay Fair brown/olive marabou ribbed with chartreuce flashabou
- Thorax: Jay Fair brown/olive long shuck
- Wingcase: olive magic shell
- Legs: Jay Fair brown/ olive shuck – trimmed.