You can find me hanging around the tier’s row at the west coast fly fishing shows and expos in the early spring. Bass fishing with a fly in the California Delta on hot summer nights for a double digit fish is the current goal.
This fly is great for the skinny damsel nymphs found in lakes in the Sierra Nevadas.
- Hook: Daiichi 1270 size 8
- Thread: 8/0 Olive
- Eyesl: Mono
- Tail: Jay Fair brown/olive marabou
- Body: Jay Fair brown/olive marabou ribbed with chartreuce flashabou
- Thorax: Jay Fair brown/olive long shuck
- Wingcase: olive magic shell
- Legs: Jay Fair brown/ olive shuck – trimmed
More Fly Patterns from Ben Byng
Skwala Stone Dry Fly – Ben Byng
A.P. Pontoon Emerger – Ben Byng
CDC Green Drake – Ben Byng
A.P. Pontoon Dun – Ben Byng
CDC Yellow Sally – Ben Byng
Guinea Fowl Parachute – Ben Byng
CDC Caddis – Ben Byng
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.