Willy discovered his passion for fly fishing at the early age of six. Shortly thereafter, he began tying his own flies for trout, salmon steelhead, and shad. Willy found his love of lake fishing early and has continued to fish stillwaters, becoming known far and wide for his expertise and knowledge. He has fished all over northern California, Idaho, and Montana. From famous blue ribbon trout rivers to high mountain lakes and reservoirs, from farm ponds to the big lakes, Willy has guided for over twenty years in Montana and Yellowstone National Park. Willy has continued to develop his fly tying skills and is currently a signature tyer for Brookside Flies out of Denver, Co. He is the Assistant Manager of Montana Troutfitters of Bozeman. He uses any number of Echo fly rods to ply his craft, including our spey and switch rods and is currently working on the new design of Airflo fly lines for special presentation on lakes. Spey casting may be a new approach for lake fishermen in the US, but in Europe it is a common practice allowing for long distant casts from the shoreline.
- Hook : Size 16 #075 Dai-riki ————————– Buy on Amazon
- Thread : Black 70 denier fly master plus ———– Buy on Amazon
- Tail : Pearl Krystal flash ——————————- Buy on Amazon
- Body : Thread ——————————————– Buy on Amazon
- Rib : Small Silver Wire ——————————— Buy on Amazon
- Thorax : Black dubbing ——————————— Buy on Amazon
- Hackle : Black soft hackle —————————– Buy on Amazon
- Over Wing : Krinkle Mirror Flash ———————- Buy on Amazon
- Head : Thread ——————————————– Buy on Amazon
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.