Wayne has tied most every type of fly he could get his vise clamped onto since 1974. He has demonstrated at numerous local, regional, national, and international events, including National FFF Conclaves since 1980. His work has been published in several magazines and books in the U.S. as well as Europe, including Tying the Classic Salmon Fly edited by Mike Radencich, and more recently Wayne tied the flies for Basic Fly Tying: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started edited by Jon Rounds, photographed by Mike Radencich, and illustrated by John McKim. Wayne received the Wayne “Buz” Buszek Memorial Fly Tying Award in 1991. Wayne is especially fond of teaching the details of fly tying through better understanding of the nature of tying materials as well as better application and use of tying thread.
- Hook: Daiichi 1110, #14-22
- Thread: Danville’s Flymaster 6/0
- Tail: Most any hard hair or synthetic
- Abdomen: Thread or dubbing blend
- Rib: Twisted thread
- Thorax: Dubbing blend
- Wing – Type 1 or 2 Nature’s Spirit Goose CDC feather(s) – (Note: See article about CDC by Hans Weilenmann )
- Head: Tying thread
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.