Writer and outfitter Dave McKee of Dave McKee Flyfishing, LLC out of Bozeman, MT is tying his Caicos Critter for us today. Though specializes in both trout and carp fishing in SW Montana as well as being an Umpqua signature tier, this fly is a bonefish fly. He also writes a weekly outdoors column for the Bozeman Daily Chronicle, and he’s developed his own line of cork strike indicators “the McKee Cork Indicator” which can be found in Umpqua Feather Merchant’s Catalogue.
You can learn more about Dave at davemckeeflyfishing.com.
This week Dave is tying his Caicos Critter pattern.
- Hook: SKII3H #2-#4
- Thread: Pink Flatwax Nylon
- Tail: Barred Pumpkin Rubberlegs – nymph
- Dubbing: UV Ice Dub or Hairs Ear
- Eyes: Black Bead Chain
- Wing: Gator Hair – tan; Red Fox body; UV Pearl Krystal Flash
- Legs: Sili Legs barred Pumpkin – nymph
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.