Ken was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. He began fishing the small creeks of the Boise River drainage as a youngster then during his teenage years began immersing himself on Silver Creek and the South Fork of the Boise River, the areaï¿½s only blue ribbon trout streams, always fishing flies he fashioned himself.
Ken began guiding on the South Fork of the Snake river in 1985 and has developed numerous successful patterns for this stream.
Ken has designed flies assisting six winners in the Jackson Hole One Fly. Twice they have had the single highest score on the Wyoming side of the event. In 1998 Ken won the South Fork top guide in the contest.
- Hook: Daiichi 1130 #16
- Thread: 8/0 gray thread (tyer’s choice)
- Trailing shuck: Any nylon material like Z-lon.
- Body: Gray goose quill (Blue Heron if you stumble across one in the field)
- Rib: Thread colored with claret marker.
- Dubbing: Slate wool dubbing.
- Wing: Gray poly-yarn
- Head: Thread colored with claret marker.
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.