Boots Allen is a third generation guide and outfitter from Western Wyoming. Over the last 18 years, he has had the opportunity to fish and guide at destinations around the world, including Argentina, Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Costa Rica, British Columbia, and the streams of the Rocky Mountain West. He has penned numerous articles for fly fishing magazines such as Fly Tyer, The Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, The Drake, and Sports Afield. Boots has used his creations at the fly tying vise for a variety of game fish including taimen, pike, lenok, sea-run brown trout, steelhead, pacific salmon, snook, roosterfish, redfish, and almost every imaginable species of trout.
This video is now available as an HD DOWNLOAD!
- Hook: Dai Riki 135, Size 10
- Thread: Tan 6/0
- Wing: Sand-colored EP Silky Fibers
- Shuck: Small tan Tentacle Legs
- Abdomen: Tying thread (coated with Zap-A-Gap)
- Ribbing: Brown, flat wax tying thread (Coated with Zap-A-Gap)
- Legs: Tan or clear Tentacle Legs
- Wing Support: Tan 2mm foam
- Hackle: Brown
- Thorax and head: Cream or tan dubbing
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.