Boots Allen has joined The Weekly Fly again. This week he ties up his Booty’s Bead Tail Jig. This one takes some agile fingers and maybe some readers to manipulate the little beads but it’s a tasty little bug. Enjoy and let us know how it goes for you.
- Hook: MFC Wide Gap Jig, #10 to #20
- Thread: Veevus14/0 or size to match body, color to match body
- Thread for Extended Body: GSP in olive or color to match body
- Extended Body Beads: Glass, size and color to match body
- Body Beads: Glass, size and color to match body
- Head Bead: Gunmetal or silver tungsten, size to match body
- Body Dubbing: Hare’s Ice Dub, color to match body
- Antennae: Lemon-barred wood-duck flank fibers
- Veil: Natural, gray, or white CDC
- Collar: Ostrich herl, color to match body
Want to watch more Boots Allen Fly tying Videos?
Also see other flies by Boots.
Monkey Mouse – Boots Allen
Double Humpy – Boots Allen
Quad Bunny – Boots Allen
Kispiox Zonker – Boots Allen
Tara-X – Boots Allen
Peacock – Boots Allen
Elk Liver Nymph – Boots Allen
Booty’s PMD Emerger – Boots Allen
Quick Descent Baetis Nymph – Boots Allen
Booty’s Mahogany Emerger – Boots Allen
Day-2 Midge Pupa – Boots Allen
Booty’s Baitfish – Boots Allen
Lanthem Crayfish – Boots Allen
My My Shrimp – Boots Allen
Booty’s Bead Tail Jig – Boots Allen
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.