From Jerry Criss:
I am a fly tyer from La Pine, Oregon. I retired to Central Oregon in 2004 to follow my passion for the sport of fly fishing and fly tying which took hold of me in the early 80’s. I was blessed with a great mentor and teacher in the late Andre Puyan’s who with great patience and humor cleaned up my tying by teaching me the classic techniques of the fly tyers craft. Andre believed that with great technique there is not a fly that you couldn’t tye. It is the way and how I teach today in my own classes.
I demonstrate at the most of the tyer conclaves and The Fly Fishing Shows in the Western US. I teach and do demos at the local Orvis store, as well as coordinate a winter fly tying series for the Central Oregon Fishers for which I am a member. In 2009, I received the Stan Walters Memorial Fly Tyer of Year award from, the Oregon Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers. I am humbled to be in the same class as the past winners of this great award, and I will continue to teach and pass on the fly tying craft for that is the only way it can live on.
- Hook: 103 Ba #17 –> Buy on Amazon
- Thread: 8/0 Rusty Dun or Grey–> Buy on Amazon
- Tail: Micro-fibits dun or Coq de Leon
- Body: Fine Dry fly Light grey to Olive –> Buy on Amazon
- Rib: Light cahill tying thread or rusty dun –> Buy on Amazon
- Hackle: Grizzly or Dunn tyer –> Buy on Amazon
- Hair stacker or pullover style