Ken was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. He began fishing the small creeks of the Boise River drainage as a youngster then during his teenage years began immersing himself on Silver Creek and the South Fork of the Boise River, the areaï¿½s only blue ribbon trout streams, always fishing flies he fashioned himself.
Ken began guiding on the South Fork of the Snake river in 1985 and has developed numerous successful patterns for this stream.
Ken has designed flies assisting six winners in the Jackson Hole One Fly. Twice they have had the single highest score on the Wyoming side of the event. In 1998 Ken won the South Fork top guide in the contest.
- Hook: Daiichi 1260 #6 —————————————– Buy on Amazon
- Thread: Antique Gold Pearsall’s Gossamer silk thread — Buy on Amazon
- Body & Tail: Moose hair, stacked ————————— Check locally
- Overbody: Alec Jackson’s Peach Japanese silk floss —– Buy on Amazon
- Rib: Java Brown Pearsall’s Gossamer silk thread ——— Buy on Amazon
- Wing: Brown bear hair —————————————- good luck!
- Dubbing: Nature’s Spirit Tannish Yellow wool dubbing — Buy on Amazon
- Hackle: Barred ginger saddle ——————————– Buy on Amazon
- Head: Thread marked with brown marker —————– Buy on Amazon