I grew up in Michigan and have fished as long as I can remember. After graduating college, I moved to California and gravitated toward fly fishing almost exclusively. I have been tying “seriously” since 1983 and have been a tying instructor both independently and for several Colorado fly shops since 2000. In 2005 I also began guiding along Colorado’s front range. Currently I am a member of Whiting Farms Pro Staff and am employed by PEAK Fishing and I have several fly patterns commercially available. In addition to guiding, tying instruction and demos, my wife Diana and I own and operate our own company geared primarily toward flyfishing education services. More detailed information is available at www.alrittflies.com.
- Hook: Tiemco 101 sz 14 through 18
- Tail: Mayfly Tails, Medium Dun (tied long and split)
- Abdomen: Quill, Pale Morning Dun
- Wing: Snowshoe hare, Medium Dun (hair from back feet)
- Thorax: SuperFine Dubbing, Pale Morning Dun
- Hackle: Dun (tied Marinaro thorax style)