I grew up in Michigan and have fished as long as I can remember. After graduating college, I moved to California and gravitated toward fly fishing almost exclusively. I have been tying “seriously” since 1983 and have been a tying instructor both independently and for several Colorado fly shops since 2000. In 2005 I also began guiding along Colorado’s front range. Currently I am a member of Whiting Farms Pro Staff and am employed by PEAK Fishing and I have several fly patterns commercially available. In addition to guiding, tying instruction and demos, my wife Diana and I own and operate our own company geared primarily toward flyfishing education services. More detailed information is available at www.alrittflies.com.
- Hook: Daiichi 2451 sz 2 through 4
- Articulated Shank: 55mm through 35mm
- Flymen Fishing Company Sculpin Helmet: Large or Small – Brown
- Tail: Marabou, Black Barred Tan (tied on hook) supported by several wraps of Brown Saddle Hackle
- Butt: Marabou, Black Barred Tan supported by several wraps of Brown Saddle Hackle
- Body: Laser Dub, Tan underneath, alternating bands of Brown and Dark Tan on top
- Flash: Krinkle Mirror Flash, Root Beer
- Collar: Schlappen, Grizzly Varient Brown
More From Al Ritt
Want to watch in 4K with NO ADS? Check out our UHD Subscription.